Keri L. Silvyn
Grant Road Professional Plaza
5983 E. Grant Road, Suite 290
Tucson, AZ 85712-2365
Phone: (520) 207-4464
Fax: (520) 300-9662
- Sustainable Development
- Zoning, Planning and Land Use
- Real Estate
- Public/Private Partnership Development Agreements
- J.D., University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, 1997
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Arizona, 1993 Phi Beta Kappa
Hon. Thomas C. Kleinschmidt, Arizona Court of Appeals
Included in the 28th edition of The Best Lawyers in America for her work in Land Use & Zoning Law in Arizona.
Ms. Silvyn has been practicing zoning and land use law in Southern Arizona for almost 20 years. Her practice emphasizes sustainable development and appropriate and responsible growth. Her work focuses on advising private developers and local governments on application of zoning codes, compliance with state statutes, compliance with current land use case law, and effective public/private partnerships.
Greater Tucson Leadership Selected Keri as the Tucson Woman of the Year for 2013. Keri has been listed annually as one of America’s Leading Business Lawyers in the category of Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use since the 2012 edition of Chambers USA by Chambers and Partners Publishers. Keri has been recognized annually since 2008 as a Best Lawyer in America. In 2017, Keri was recognized as Tucson’s 2017 Lawyer of the Year in the area of Land Use and Zoning Law. Most recently, Keri was appointed by the City of Tucson Mayor and Council to serve on the Planning and Development Services (PDS) Advisory Committee that worked to establish priorities for the newly organized PDS and assisted with the selection criteria for the new PDS Director. She was also appointed by the City Manager to the selection committee for the new PDS Director.
The goal for all of Keri’s clients is sustainable, appropriate, economically feasible and responsible growth. Ms. Silvyn’s representation has included medical campuses, retail developers, industrial complexes, office developments, mixed use developments, continuing care retirement communities, local cities and towns and tax increment financing districts.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Sun Corridor, Inc (formerly TREO) Board Member
- Southern Arizona Leadership Council, Member
- Tucson Airport Authority Member
- Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, Board Member 2014-2016
- Flinn Brown Civic Leadership Academy, Spring, 2011
- Imagine Greater Tucson Founder and Board member, 2011-2015
- Urban Land Use Institute, Member 2009-present
- Arizona Planning Association, Member 2009-present
- Tucson Medical Center Foundation, Board Member 2004-2015
- Jewish Community Foundation: Board Member 2003-Present; President of the Board 2010-2013.
- Real Estate and Allied Professions: Member 1998-present; Co-Chair 2002-2004.
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law Board of Directors: 1999-2015, President 2004.
- Other Boards and Service including the State Bar of Arizona and Pima County Bar.
- Best Lawyer, 2017 Tucson Lawyer of the Year in the area of Land Use and Zoning Law.
- Best Lawyer in Arizona, Woodward/White Inc. named annually 2008-present.
- Top Lawyer in Tucson, Tucson Lifestyle Magazine, named annually 2008-present.
- Chambers Award – recognized as a leader in the field of Planning, Zoning & Land Use, 2015
- Tucson Woman of the Year, Greater Tucson Leadership, 2013
- Gary I. Sarver Young Woman of the Year, Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona, 2012
- Athena Award Tucson, Arizona Small Business Association, 2011
- Woman of Influence, Inside Tucson Business, 2010
- Judge Learned Hand Emerging Leader Award, American Jewish Committee, 2010
- Woman on the Move, YWCA, 2010
- 40 Under 40, Tucson Business Edge, 2008
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, Outstanding Contributions of Distinguished Alumni Award, 2008
- Young Lawyer of the Year, State Bar of Arizona, 2005
- Up and Comer, Inside Tucson Business, 2003
- University of Arizona, Outstanding Young Alumni Volunteer, 2002
- Author, “Attitudes Are A ‘Changin,’” Trend Report, August 2015
- Author, “The Whole (Plan) is Greater Than the Sum of its Parts,” Trend Report, April 2013
- Featured Zoning and Land Use Attorney, “Beyond Sprawl: Rethinking development in Tucson,” Arizona Public Media, December 2011
- Featured Land Use Attorney, “Keri Silvyn: Land Use Lawyer with Lewis and Roca and Ardent Advocate for Tucson’s Future,” Attorney at Law Magazine, November 2011
- Author, “Transportation Planning – Think BIG and BOLD,” Trend Report, November 2009
- Author, “Let’s Move the Community Forward – Now,” Biz Tucson, Summer 2009
- Author, “Greater Tucson Region- Imagine What is Possible,” Biz Tucson, April 2009; Trend Report 2009