Land Use Planner
5983 E. Grant Road, Suite 290
Tucson, Arizona 85712
Phone: (520) 207-4464
Fax: (520) 300-9662
- M.S. in Urban Planning, Concentration: Real Estate and Urban Development, University of Arizona (2021)
- B.A. in Philosophy, Politics, Economics and Law (PPEL), magna cum laude, University of Arizona (2019)
Mr. Cassidy is a native Arizonian and has lived in Tucson since 2015. He is a recent graduate of the University of Arizona’s Master of Science in Urban Planning Program specializing in real estate and urban development. He has a specialized expertise in geographic information systems (GIS) mapping and high-end graphic design. As a student, he focused his studies on issues surrounding land use policy, public transportation and economic development. As a graduate research assistant at the U of A, he supported a team collaborating with Salt River Project (SRP) that used GIS and advanced geospatial analysis to investigate the relationship between urban development patterns and water consumption in the Phoenix Metro Area. He is a former planning intern for the City of Tucson Planning and Development Services Department (PDSD) and a former research assistant at the Phoenix based architecture firm CCBG Architects, Inc.
Joining Lazarus & Silvyn, P.C. was the perfect opportunity for him to utilize and expand on his education and interests in urban land planning and translate complex land planning information into materials more easily understood by stakeholders and the general public.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Planning Association, Arizona Chapter Member 2019-2021, Student Representatives Council (SRC) for Region V 2020-2022
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Member 2019-2021, and Participant in ULI Hines 2021 Student Design Competition
- UA Eller College of Management Commercial Real Estate Club (CREC), Member 2019-2021
- UA Graduate Planning Society (GPS), Member 2019-2021, and former Officer 2021
- National Institute of Transportation and Communities (NITC) Student Scholar, 2020, 2021